Helen with LGBT Caucus Councilmembers Corey Johnson, Ritchie Torres, Danny Dromm, Rosie Mendez, Jimmy Van Bramer, Carlos Menchaca, and Jimmy Vacca.
Helen is proud to have been endorsed
by the Stonewall Democratic Club of NYC!
Helen is proud to have earned the endorsements of:
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- NY Public Advocate Tish James
- Each member of the NYC Council LGBT Caucus
As well as:
NY City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito
NYS Senator Brad Hoylman
NYS Senator Liz Krueger
NYS Assemblywoman Deborah Glick
NYS Assemblyman Danny O'Donnell
Council Member Margaret Chin
Council Member Andrew Cohen
Council Member Laurie Cumbo
Council Member Danny Dromm
Council Member Dan Garodnick
Council Member Corey Johnson
Council Member Mark Levine
Council Member Carlos Menchaca
Council Member Rosie Mendez
Council Member Ritchie Torres
Council Member Jimmy Vacca
Council Member Jimmy Van Bramer
Former District 6 Council Member Ronnie Eldridge
Former NYC Comptroller and Congresswoman Elizabeth Holtzman
Advocates and Advocacy Groups
Helen earned the endorsements from:
- Stonewall Democratic Club of NYC - Founded as the first citywide LGBT Democratic organization in NYC, Stonewall Democrats advocate tirelessly for equality and fairness for the LGBT community.
- The Sierra Club - The nation's largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization, leading the charge to move away from dirty fossil fuels that cause climate disruption and towards a clean energy economy.
- Planned Parenthood NYC Votes - The political arm of Planned Parenthood, PPNYC Votes is dedicated to fighting for reproductive rights and supporting sexual health.
- TenantsPAC - New York's largest tenant right's group, TenantsPAC works to give a strong voice to tenants and to protect them from predatory landlords.
- 504 Democratic Club - The 504 Democratic Club is New York City's first political club to focus on advocating for those with disabilities, and works hard to ensure fairness and equality for disabled citizens.
- New York State Immigration Action Fund - Working to create a political system that respects immigrants and listens to the needs of a diverse community and electorate.
As well as:
Empire State Humane Voters
Helen is a strong supporter of our city's unions, and is proud to have earned the endorsement of:
- District Council 37 - New York City's largest public employee union, which works hard to promote the interests of the men and women who make our city run.
- United Federation of Teachers - Everyone knows the schools on the Upper West Side are second to none, but without our teachers none of that would be possible.
- Council of School Supervisors and Administrators - Same goes for our principals and assistant principals.
As well as:
Central Labor Council
Council of School Supervisors and Administrators
Doctors Council SEIU
Hotel Trades Council
Local 802 American Federation of Musicians
Local 831 Uniformed Sanitationmen's Association
Mason Tenders District Council
National Association of Social Workers
New York UAW Region 9A
NYC District Council of Carpenters
Professional Staff Congress
Retail, Wholesale, and Department Store Union
Steamfitters Local 638
The Upper West Side is home to dedicated democratic clubs, and Helen is proud to have earned the endorsement of the Three Parks Independent Democrats, 504 Democratic Club, and the Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club. The Jim Owles Club is considered the most liberal arm of the LGBT community.
Advocacy Group Scorecard:
Helen was one of only five members of the Council to score a perfect 100 on the Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club City Council Rating Report. She also earned a rating of 100% from the NY League of Conservation Voters in 2014, 2015, and 2016.